11 GR Welfare Association
General. 11 GR Welfare Association was registered under the Societies Registration Act 1860 at Registrar's Office in Lucknow in 2002 for All India operation.
The Association shall be a charitable institution for providing facilities to promote fraternity amongst retired, serving and associated regimental officers and for promoting projects/schemes for the betterment of welfare/morale of all ranks of the Regiment (serving, retired and associated) as also their families and dependents.
The Association shall be a secular and non-political body which shall not be affiliated to any political organization/institution directly or indirectly and shall have the following objectives:-
- To promote brotherhood, foster a sense of belonging, camaraderie and esprit-de-corps amongst its members and enable them to keep in touch with each other and the Regimental Centre and the regular/affiliated units including the TA and Scouts.
- To acquire, preserve and display articles of historical/educational value.
- To print and publish books/periodicals/News Letters/pamphlets and publications.
- To create an interest in the Regiment amongst the public.
- To undertake such activities as will enhance the image of the Regiment and preserve its cultural ethos and spiritual values.
- To hold periodic meetings and get-togethers on matters of interest to the Regiment or to the retired personnel and/or their families.
- To raise donations in cash or in kind to attain aims and objectives of the Association.
- To provide fees, books, equipment, free ships, and/or scholarships to deserving persons.
- To provide food to poor students in regimental schools and hostels.
- To provide help to deserving persons for marriages/sickness.
- To set up and operate technical and other educational institutions/classes/Museums/laboratories and polyclinics.
- To give donations to deserving institutions.
- To conduct nutritional and health services programmes and provide medicines and health care.
- To institute awards and prizes to provide incentive to deserving persons.
- To engage in such other activities as may be incidental and conducive to the attainment of aforementioned aims and objectives, e.g., Vocational Training.
Membership of the Association.
- Members. Any serving retired regimental officer including those of affiliated units, and officers who have been associated with or have served in the Regiment during any part of their service and wives of such officers shall be eligible to become member of the Association on voluntary basis. Children of members are also eligible to become member of the Association.
- Widows of the categories specified in(a) above.
- Honorary Members. Persons ready to abide by the rules and regulations of the Association and work for the attainment of the aims and objectives of the Association shall be member of this category when nominated by the President.
Bodies of the Association
- The General Body shall comprise all members of the Association. The Col of the Regt shall act as the Patron of the Association. In his absence, the officer nominated by him will officiate. At all times, the then Colonel of 11 Gorkha Rifles shall act as ex-officio President of the Association.
- At all times, the then commandant of 11 Gorkha Rifles Regimental Centre shall act as the ex-officio Secretary of the Association and the Deputy Commandant as the ex-officio Convenorcum- Treasurer.
Managing Committee. The Managing Committee of the Association shall be responsible for the overall management of the Association through an elected body.
Executive Committee. The Executive Committee shall be responsible forthe day to day functioning of the Association.
Managing Committee 11.
The Managing Committee of the Association shall be a body of office bearers and members and shall be responsibleforthe management of the affairs of the Association. The committee comprises the following :-
Patron — Col 11 GR.
President— Senior most former Col 11 GR.
Vice Presidents — All Former Cols 11 GR.
Secretary— Comdt 11 GRRC.
Convenor-cum-Treasurer— Dy Comdt 11 GRRC.
Executive Secretary— Elected/Nominated Member.
All Chapter Presidents (Delhi, Dehradun, Darjeeling, Lucknow and Mhow).
All Commanding Officers including those of the affiliated units.
Additional Members, to be nominated by the Managing Committee for specific purposes on "as required" basis.
Chapter of the Associations.
Presently the Association has four Chapters i.e Delhi, Dehradun, Darjeeling, Mhow and Lucknow where regular get-togethers are organized.
Presently there are three ESM Associations recognized by 11 GR Welfare Association i.e Dehradun Darjeeling and Bagdogra.
Association is having a Website (www.assn11gr.org) which is regularly updated. Important notices and selected articles are uploaded on this site. "Domain Name" charges are paid for five years at a time and then renewed for next five years when due. Next renewal is due on 08 May 2022.